Fremont, CA, June 27, 2017 – ZPE Systems unveils Nodegrid Services Router ™(NSR) – A modular x86 open framework appliance designed for software-defined networking (SDN), SD-WAN, network function virtualization (NFV), DevOps, remote & branch offices and out of band (OOB) management capabilities.
NSR is optimized to perform various network functions including switching, security, WAN acceleration, provide secure OOB remote access, run Docker applications and control IT devices at the edge of the network, retail & remote office locations, and within converged infrastructure (CI) environments.
NSR is modular, with services cards for networking, OOB serial & USB, failover to cellular, Wi-Fi connectivity, compute and storage. Designed by industry veterans, NSR has the latest generation of networking switch backplane for SDN and utilizes a multi-core Intel CPU to run concurrent NFVs on Nodegrid 64-bit Linux OS. This combination enables flexible interfaces and dependable non-blocking networking capabilities on an ever-evolving open platform for lightning-fast response times.
“We are addressing the challenges that network infrastructures of today experience when they need to expand” said Arnaldo Zimmermann, CEO of ZPE Systems, Inc. “With NSR modular capabilities, businesses will be ready to modify their physical and virtual networks as fast as their businesses evolve. With NSR, the possibilities are endless.”
NSR accelerates deployment of physical and virtual network functions, with a modular platform for the Edge, Cloud, CI and Data Centers. NSR keeps networks safe, running robust enterprise-grade security, encrypted data transit and consistent policies. NSR cuts hardware costs by saving physical space allowing for expansion, and reduces operational costs by keeping configuration current via ZTP automation.
- 5 Multi-service card slots
- Latest generation of full non-blocking network chipset
- Multi-core Intel CPU with Nodegrid 64-bit Linux OS
- NFV technology such as virtual routers, firewalls, WAN accelerators from best-of-breed vendors
- Modular configuration cards:
- 8-port SFP 10Gb Ethernet, 16-port Gb Ethernet with optional POE
- 16-port Serial, 16-port USB for out of band or data management
- dual Wi-Fi / Cellular for network failover
- Compute for virtualization and containers
- Storage for 16TB cache module
- Embedded layer 2 switching, layer 3 routing, BGP, OSPF, RIP, QoS, MPLS, VPN, multi-site IPSEC
- Zero-Touch Provisioning for easy configuration and automation over IPv4/IPv6
- NodeGrid Manager software for 360 view, natural search and clustering.
- Choice of Puppet, Chef, OpenFlow, RESTful orchestration
NSR is available to select beta customers today with general availability in Q3 2017. Contact email@example.com for further information or find us around the globe at various industry events.
Learn more about Nodegrid Services Router
About ZPE Systems, Inc.
ZPE Systems is the industry’s first provider of an “Open Infrastructure Management Solution” for in-band and out-of-band access and control of Network, Compute, Storage and Power Devices in both physical and virtual IT Infrastructures.
The company’s NodeGrid® platform easily consolidates, organizes, and simplifies the need for a complete and highly secure remote access and control solution. NodeGrid Serial Console enables OOB access & control of serial devices. NodeGrid Flex and NodeGrid Bold control devices at the edge of the network. NodeGrid USB provides a high-density USB type C mobility development cycle environment. NodeGrid Service Processor secures IPMI management ports and IoT devices. ZPE provides smart, consolidated IT management solutions that reduce downtime and CAPEX/OPEX.
ZPE’s global headquarters is located in Fremont, California with offices throughout the US and globally in Ireland, India, Brazil and Japan.
ZPE Systems, the ZPE logo and NodeGrid are registered trademarks or trademarks of ZPE Systems.
ZPE Systems, Inc.
Alvin Chan, Marketing Manager